Electric Vehicle Charging Installation
Contact Dan Wilcox Electric Today
It wasn’t too long ago that electric vehicles (EVs) seemed as likely to gain a public foothold as flying cars. However, thanks to the recent improvements in battery technology, EVs are slowly but surely becoming one of Canada’s most popular means of transportation.
Besides providing a greener way of transportation, people find EVs attractive because they free them from the tyranny of gas stations:
Instead of the irritating smells, noise, and general inconveniences of most gas stations, you can simply pull your EV to a charging station, plug it in, and let it charge while you handle the more important stuff.
As an electric company with more than 25 years of experience, we can help you get a charging station installed in your house - or your commercial property. We're well experienced in installing all types of electric vehicle charging stations in a fast and safe manner.
Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Installation
When it comes to home EV charger installation, you generally have a choice between a Level 1 and a Level 2 charger:
- Level 1 Charging Station - A Level 1 EV charger is the slowest, and there’s not much you can do to speed it up. It’s nothing more than an outlet in your garage that you can plug your EV into as needed. There are no fancy gadgets or science behind it; it’s your standard 110 Volt or 120 Volt AC outlet. Charging your EV this way can take as long as 12 hours.
- Level 2 Charging Station - A Level 2 EV charger can cut down the time it takes to recharge the battery in your EV from 10-12 hours to just 4-8 hours. However, electric vehicle charging installation has to be done up to Canada’s Electrical Code - and that’s why you should leave this to the professionals. We’ve installed scores of Level 2 chargers all over British Columbia’s Lower Midland. And if you’re worried about the cost, keep in mind that you can apply for a rebate that can help you pay for the installation fees.
Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Installation
As a business owner, you want to make the stay at your business as convenient as possible for your customers and employees alike. One way to achieve that is installing Level 2 and Level 3, or direct current (DC) fast EV charging stations.
And if you own a fleet of EV vehicles, you need a charging station to ensure that your fleet stays on the road as much as possible.
If you’re a company with a fleet of EVs or a business owner that wants to make your commercial property more convenient for EV owners, it makes sense to install EV charging stations on your premises - and here’s why:
- Your EVs will never have to hit the street in search of a charging station.
- You can charge vehicles at a moment’s notice.
- It shows that your business is environmentally responsible.
- EV owners are more likely to do business with you.
Our commercial car charger installation service covers installing Level 2 and Level 3 charging stations.
Level 2 EV Charger Installation - Although not ideal for commercial fleets, it’s an excellent solution if you want to make your customer’s stay at your business more convenient. And even if you own a moderately-sized fleet of EVs, you can still use Level 2 charging stations to top up half-spent batteries.
Level 3 EV Charger Installation - Level 3 EV Charging is commonly known as Direct Current Fast Charging (DCFC). With a Level 3 charging station, you bypass the need for an AC/DC converter in the vehicle and instead feed the current directly into the battery at high voltages. Most companies with large fleets prefer this type of charging because it can charge a depleted battery in around an hour. Although installing a Level 3 charging station is somewhat expensive, the potential long-term benefits outweigh the initial costs.
If you want to learn more about our EV installation service - or schedule an installation - feel free to give us a call!