Contact Dan Wilcox Electric Today
Electrical panels are the main point of electricity distribution to your entire home. In other words - every light, appliance, or device you switch on works thanks to the electrical panel.
New appliances and devices are introduced to the market daily. Because these appliances tend to make everyday tasks much more manageable, they quickly find a way into our homes. That results in an increased electricity demand that your electrical panel may not keep up with.
If that's the case with your house, you should consider upgrading your electrical panel so that your electrical system can keep up with the demand.
Signs Your Electrical Panel Needs Upgrading
The following issues indicate a problem with your electrical panel box:
- Uses a fuse box, not a circuit breaker box
- Indoor fights frequently dim or flicker
- Old or faulty wiring
- The circuit breakers are corroded/rusty
- You hear crackling sounds in the electrical panel box
- Circuit breakers fail or trip regularly
- The panel often feels warm to the touch
- Your appliances are running at half-speed
- Extensive use of power strips or extension cords
- Burning smell from the panel
- Discolored outlets
Upgrading your electrical panels is also advised if you are planning a major remodel of your home - or if you plan to add something in your home or commercial building that’ll use a lot of electricity in the future.
We’re here to help if you want to give your electrical panels an upgrade - or need to install a completely new one.
Our service includes replacing circuit brakes, replacing the bus bar, and electrical panel box rewiring. We can also do upgrades that involve relocating the electrical panel box to a different part of your home or building.